The Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) is a membership based Management Development Organisation set up in 1954 with the aim of promoting excellence and integrity in management practice in Kenya and beyond. For over sixty years, KIM has established itself as a principle college in the country, specialising in offering tailored courses suited to the unique management skills needed in the Kenyan job market, including programmes in Business Management, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management and Project Management. The organisation's Training Services and School of Management were set up to address the growing need for continuous management development due to the rapid changes in local and international leadership trends, ensuring that thousands of graduates every year emerge competent and skilled in their preferred management careers in Kenya or abroad.
KIM has twenty-two branches across Kenya including in Nairobi, Nakuru, Naivasha, Mombasa and Kisumu, all of which are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities to encourage and promote an environment that nurtures individual and institutional innovativeness and creativity, freshness of thought, as well as a spirit of exploration and discovery. Led by dynamic and knowledgeable teachers, the organisation's School of Management provides unique and comprehensive courses that are geared towards promoting excellence and integrity in the practice of management and leadership.
- A wide variety of management programmes, beginning at the bridging level and progressing to the Certificate and Diploma Level
- A well-stocked and reputable information resource centre with over 20,000 volumes distributed among the twenty KIM libraries across the country
- Quality and convenient online programmes
- State-of-the-art SME Solution Centre
- Comprehensive consultancy solutions to drive institutional excellence in organisations within the region
- Alumni membership which gives exclusive access to KIM resource centres countrywide as well as access to KIM online services and resources including e-journals, business websites and online databases.