Being the oldest and the most authentic language school in Nairobi, Kenya; the school was established in 1965 by the Church Missionary Society [C.M.S] of England. It was mainly for the benefit of missionaries coming to Africa with a need to learn the local languages. It was rapidly expanded to meet the needs of Voluntary agencies [NGOS], church workers of various denomination and individual persons wishing to exploit its facilities for language study.
- We seek to serve A.C.K by preparation of her expatriate and local staff for ministry through language study and orientation.
- To serve Missionary Societies, and other voluntary agencies through language study and orientation.
- To prepare students for admission into English speaking schools, colleges and universities.
- To provide teaching facilities for other persons not falling in the above categories.
- To prepare students for the IELTS for study in the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
Located in the heart of the capital city of Nairobi, Upper Hill community, Bishops road; a five minutes drive from the city center, neighboring A.C.K. Guest House.
We prepare and are registered as:
Pitman Examination Centre
University of Cambridge Local Examination
Syndicate International Examinations for:
- Certificate in Advanced English
- Certificate in Proficiency in English
- Diploma in Business Studies
- Certificate in English for International Business and Trade
- Certificate in the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language to Adults.
Courses offered are available for:
Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced, Diploma and Refresher Courses.
IELTS and Pitman Examination; a course for children 6-14 years in English Language, Mathematics and Science, etc
geared towards orientation in Kenyan School System.
Arabic, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean,etc.
Arabic, Kenyan and American Sign Languages
Kikuyu, Dholuo, Luhyia, Kalenjin, Kikamba, Kimaasai, Kimeru and other Kenyan local languages.
Universities Semester Programme in Africa
(Direct method and (C.L.L) community language learning method applied).
Extra mural classes
At home and/or in the office as shall be convenient with both the student and the teacher.
For both primary and secondary students in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.